Samsung recently unveiled the latest generation of their GalaxyS family of smartphones: the GalaxyS5. Similar in design and shape to previous iterations, the GalaxyS5 also hosts a series of new and improved features. Here’s what you need to know about the gadget:
- The slightly larger screen is equipped with an AMOLED display—known for displaying color more vibrantly than the LED screens in other phones.
- It’s watertight. All ports are protected with tight-fitting covers and it’s reported to survive for 20 minutes in a meter of water.
- A durable, dimpled, plastic, back cover is easy to grip and removable.
- Battery capacity has been expanded, but Forbes’ reviewer found it couldn’t quite stand up to the demands of a work day.
- There may be a new and improved version, rumored to be called Prime, coming out within the next year, so don’t get too attached.